Prevent. Care. Recover. Improving New Zealand's quality of life
We help prevent injuries and get New Zealanders and visitors back to everyday life if they’ve had an accident.
Our vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury.
Everyone in New Zealand is covered by ACC’s no-fault scheme if they’re injured in an accident. This includes children, beneficiaries and students. It doesn’t matter if they’re working, unemployed or retired. It also includes visitors to New Zealand.
The cover we provide helps pay for the costs of your recovery. This includes payment towards treatment, help at home and work, and help with your income.
- Safe kiwis: We motivate New Zealanders to live, work and play safely, so they can lead full and active lives.
- Good partners: We build close relationships with our partners in accident prevention and care, as well as within cultural groups and the wider community.
- Responsible stewards: We gather and wisely invest our income to meet the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s Kiwis.
- People before process: We’re responsive to each person’s physical and emotional needs, making it easy for people to engage with us.
- Fair and open: We’re fair and transparent about each person’s situation, applying common sense solutions when they’re called for.