Enjoy breathtaking views of the stunning turquoise waters of Lake Tekapo, and the towering Southern Alps.
Experience the spectacular Mackenzie High Country on horseback. Come and meet our enthusiastic team and friendly horses. Let them take you on a memorable trek through tussock grasslands, forests, high country sheep stations and grand picturesque glacial lakes.
- ½ Hour: An easy ride through a pine forest. Suited for nervous beginners and children. $35
- 1 Hour “Lake View”: A gentle trek through larch and pine forest to the leading south ridge of Mt John, with fantastic views of Lake Tekapo and surrounding station country, then a gentle wander down hill to the lake and finally walking back through oak, silver birch and pine forest. $60
- 2 Hour “Mountain Top”: A stunning ride around the base of Mount John with a breathtaking view of the lake and, from the top of the North end of the mountain, breathtaking views of the Alps and the huge expanse of the Mackenzie Country. $95
- 3.5 HOUR “Glacier Country”: Depending on the weather, this is a ride that takes in the other rides features, as well as travelling to Lake Alexandrina on the western side of Lake Tekapo. You will appreciate how harsh this land must have been to the early settlers whilst traveling back across this part of The Mackenzie Basin. An absolute must for camera enthusiasts. (min. 2 persons) $150
- FULL DAY: Travel further towards the Southern Alps and experience a working high country sheep station. Lunch included (min. 2 persons) $280
- For the true high country experience join us on an Overnight or Multi-Day Trek and roam the upper reaches of the Mackenzie Basin.
We are open from October until May
Only a five minute drive from Tekapo township
Pickups can be arranged from your accommodation at no extra charge
Freephone 0800 628 269 or 027 5444 880