The thriving port city of Timaru is surrounded by picturesque bustling towns, lush pasture, rolling downlands, green hills and clean rivers lie in the lee of New Zealand's magnificent Southern Alps in the west.
Over 42,000 residents enjoy life in Timaru District. Moderately-priced real estate, good medical services, excellent educational facilities, an abundance of sporting and recreational facilities and a friendly community all contribute to make Timaru District a welcoming and attractive destination. Enterprising businesses keep the workforce stable.
Within the gentle curve of the South Canterbury coastline the Timaru District covers 2,602 square kilometres of diverse landscape. The District’s north and south boundaries are naturally defined by two rivers, the Rangitata and the Pareora, both known for great fishing and swimming. A stretch of land in the northwest corner of the District sweeps through 64 kilometres of dramatic scenery beyond the Rangitata Gorge to Mesopotamia Station in the high country.
Visit Timaru District Council offices at 2 King George Place, Timaru or following on-line links:
- Latest News & Media Releases
- Property & Rates Information – Property search & maps, Rates information & payments
- Building Information – full range of building needs including exemptions, Building Consent process and Project Information Memoranda and helpful tips
- Environment, Waste & Water – Bylaws, Public Health, Water Supply, Sewer & Stormwater, Food Safety, Dogs & animals
- Cemetery Search – simple locations search and information
- Your Council – Mayor and Council members, Community Boards
Contact Details – Timaru District Council, 2 King George Place, Timaru. Offices open Mon-Fri 8.30am – 5pm.